Review: A Beauty for the Scarred Duke



        `A Beauty for the Scarred Duke` is a Regency romance novel by author Bridget Barton. This novel reminds me of a modern day `Beauty and the Beast`. This tale is about Elliot Covington, the Duke of Coldwell, who is believed to be a monster because of his disfigured face. The princess, Isabella, was ordered to marry the monster, by her father. After they were married they lived in the duke's roomy palace.

        Isabella learned the `monster` was actually a man of modesty and wit. She also found she did not have to be afraid of him. She enjoyed listening to him play music in the library, as well as the two hours a day that was allotted for them to be together.

        I treasure this novel because it shows that just because someone looks different than us they still have feelings.In Isabella's case since she had married a `monster` everyone wanted to stare at her and in Elliot's case, everyone wanted to look away or avoid him.

        I love this quote from the book, "I think it is true to say, Elliot, that a person only really ever has one or two true friends in a lifetime. The rest are simply acquaintances and nothing more"

        I cherish the way this author writes and plan to read more of her works. Also, the cover is a good fit for this novel. My lasting impression of this author is she has compassion for the underdog. I would recommend this book to fans of Regency historical romance.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this ebook from the author. All opinions are my own."

I'm linking up to The Book Nook.

Comments

Sandee said…
I would like this book for sure. I've such a pile to read right now though. How does that happen? I don't know either.

I love your honest reviews.

Have a blessed day, Michelle. ☺

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello