Review: Gathering the Threads



        `Gathering the Threads` is the third novel in The Amish of Summer Grove series by Cindy Woodsmall. Two young girls were switched at birth and one is raised Amish, the other is raised English. The reader may wish to read the three book series, however, book three could be read as a standalone since it gives a synopsis of the first two novels.

        My favorite character is Ariana because she is a sweet girl who loves her family and the Old Ways of the Amish. I also like her name. After learning about the switch Ariana is confused as to who she is and needs to get away for a while. Her Amish father disagrees about her needing to get away, and her English father gives her a credit card with $1,000 on it to use however she wants. This series touches on the very conservative, the rational conservative and the feminist; Ariana has to decide which one is for her.

        This series is different from other Amish novels I've read. In this series, Ariana is figuring out who she is, and what are her core beliefs. Other Amish books I've read lean more toward romance, which may mean a child out of wedlock.

        I recommend this book to fans of the Amish.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."

Linking up to The Book Nook

Comments

Sandee said…
I would love this book then. Or all three for that matter.

Have a blessed day, Michelle. ☺

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello