Review: Sword of the Matchmaker



        Sword of the Matchmaker is a historical fiction novella set in the year 1399. Author Debbie Lynne Costello recommends reading her novel `Sword of Forgiveness` before `Sword of the Matchmaker`. Although in this series the books are written as stand-alone.

        `Sword of Forgiveness` introduces the reader to Thomas and `Sword of the Matchmaker` is his story. Thomas Godfrey had no use for a warrior type woman. If he ever married he wanted one that was tender and sensitive. Other than that the only wife he wanted was his horse named `Wife`.

        Penelope Beatty was a take charge woman. She had her own bow and arrows and was a sharpshooter with those. It had been years since she had worn a dress and wanted nothing to do with them.

        It felt like the characters fit in well with the medieval era. My favorite part of the book was the ending because Penelope had run away and Thomas went looking for her. I look forward to reading the rest of the series. I plan to go back and review the first in the series.

Disclaimer: I would like to thank the author for sending me this ARC novella to review. All opinions expressed here are my own.

About the author:



Debbie Lynne Costello has enjoyed writing stories since she was about eight years old. She raised her family and then embarked on her own career of writing the stories that had been begging to be told. She and her husband have four children and live in upstate South Carolina. She has worked in many capacities in her church and is currently the Children's Director. Debbie Lynne has shown and raised Shetland Sheepdogs for eighteen years and still enjoys litters now and then. In their spare time, she and her husband take pleasure in camping and riding their Arabian and Tennessee Walking horses.

Comments

Sandee said…
Now this sounds like my kind of read.

Have a blessed day, Michelle. ☺
Genghis said…
SPOILER ALERT !! It sounds like you gave away the ending !
Michelle F said…
Genghis,

I don't think so because I don't exactly tell what happens after that.
Genghis said…
She ran away... I guess she got lost ?
Mostly, I was just razzing you a bit. Not a bad review...
Hey Michelle, Thank you for the nice review! I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

Sandee, I hope you get a chance to read my medievals. I love to write them. A lot of research but soooo much fun to write!

Genghis, No spoiler, I love twists and surprises and even a bit of suspense.

Thank you for stopping by!
Michelle F said…
Hi, Debbie!

Thank you for giving me the chance to read and review your books.
I can only imagine the twists and surprises in the first book.

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello