Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall


                                        It is my pleasure to have author MaryLu Tyndall visit my blog today. 
        MaryLu is the author of the `Protectors of the Spear` series. Please give her a warm welcome.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall:

(1) What do you like to do in your spare time?
     Spare time? What's that? You must mean the extra time I had before grandkids? LOL. ;-)  Well, I used to love to garden and oil paint, but I've had to put those aside for now. I do have a reef tank aquarium in my office that I really enjoy maintaining.

(2) What is your, just for fun, book?
 You'll laugh at this, but anything by Ted Dekker is my go-to book for entertainment. I normally read historical romance, but Ted's books are scary, supernatural, Biblical, and page-turning. Love them! 

(3) During a chat what would your cup be filled to the brim with?
  Coffee! 

(4) How do you best bring glory to God?
  Well, hopefully, I do bring glory to God. It certainly is my desire to do so every day of my life. I would say that my books and writing the stories God gives me is the best way I can accomplish that to affect the largest number of people.
 
(5) What is the most memorable tangents one of your characters took you on? You can choose from any book you have written.
I would have to say Alex, the hero in The Ransom. He started out just being a pirate and a gentleman who falls in love with a merchant's daughter in Jamaica, but as I kept writing and the plot developed, he took on a dual personality that I hadn't expected. To disguise himself from authorities, he became a foppish dandy who was the life of society's parties, while in his other life, he was this daring, handsome serious pirate. He was probably the funniest character I've ever written.
 
(6) Do you have a go-to writing snack?
  Popcorn!!! 

(7) Where do you find your ideas for a book?
 Everywhere.. movies, TV, books, friends, life, family.  My pirate series started when I saw the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie and noticed there were no Christian pirate romances on the market. So, I thought, cool, I'll write one!
 
(8) Just for fun, what's on your nightstand?
A clock, a white-noise maker, my IPad, glasses, lamp, Bible, and sleep mask. 

(9) Do you have any hobbies other than writing?
  I don't really have time for hobbies, but I would say that my reef aquarium is my only hobby at the moment. (I'm attaching a picture)



(10) When is your optimal time to read?

  I usually read at night after I crawl into bed, which makes it difficult if the book is really good because I lose sleep!

MaryLu, thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to answer the interview questions. It has been fun learning more about you. I enjoyed reading your answers. Especially the first one  :)  

I can see you reading Ted Dekker books, and his daughter now writes books, too.

I think you do a very good job of bringing God glory through your books. Science fiction is a genre many believers and unbelievers enjoy and I love how you bring scripture into the storyline. 

Thank you for sharing your reef aquarium with us. I love all the different colors.

About MaryLu Tyndall:

Award-winning and best-selling author MaryLu Tyndall describes herself as an introvert, tall ship enthusiast, friend of pirates and mermaids, control freak, history lover, hopeless romantic, and a sword-wielding princess-warrior of the King of Kings. Her books are filled with adventure and romance guaranteed to touch your heart! Her hope is that readers will not only be entertained but will be brought closer to the Creator who loves them beyond measure. In a culture that accepts the occult, wizards, zombies, and vampires without batting an eye, MaryLu hopes to show the awesome present and powerful acts of God in a dying world. She has published over twenty novels and currently lives in California with her husband, 6 kids, 3 grandkids, and various stray cats.


Comments

Sandee said…
I'm with her on the popcorn. It's my snack too.

Have a fabulous day. ☺
Michelle F said…
Me, too!!

When we go to the movies I get a large order of popcorn with layered butter :)

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean