Review: Fetching Sweetness

        `Fetching Sweetness` is book two of the Love Unleashed series. This series is especially for dog lovers, written by Dana Mentink.

        Although I have become a cat lover I enjoyed reading this book, with its antics, and I especially like the cover.

        As a literary agent, Stephanie Pink is eager to get the book manuscript from the author. However she must first find, and return the author's dog, `Sweetness`. She finds Sweetness and also meets Rhett who offers her to stay at his place. When Stephanie goes into her bedroom she sees a ladies nightgown and duct tape. So, she comes to the conclusion that Rhett is a serial killer- she's been reading too many books. She wonders why else would a single man have a ladies nightgown? She decides she needs another book to read, and soon, or she'll get edgy. It's an obsession. I can relate! I thought the scene where Rhett fell off the ladder showed compassion on Stephanie's part.

        The realism of the characters made it seem as if they were my neighbors under disguise. I sided with Stephanie when she threw a bag of flour at Rhett. This was one of my favorite parts of the book. I could see myself doing the same thing. So I just laughed. Stephanie has quite an imagination. Rhett says God speaks to him, Stephanie disagrees.

         A most interesting part was when Sweetness brought a feral cat to Stephanie. Sweetness was carrying the screaming cat by the scruff of its neck. Sweetness reminded me of when our cat brought a bird and a chipmunk into our house. Both live and at different times.

        This book made me laugh and I recommend it to fans of comedy.

Disclaimer: I received this book from Litfuse Publishers for my honest opinion.






DANA MENTINK
Dana Mentink lives in California, where the weather is golden and the cheese is divine. Dana is an American Christian Fiction Writers Book of the Year finalist for romantic suspense and an award winner in the Pacific Northwest Writers Literary Contest. Her suspense novel, Betrayal in the Badlands, earned a Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award. Besides writing, she busies herself teaching third and fourth grade. Mostly, she loves to be home with her husband, two daughters, a dog with social anxiety problems, a chubby box turtle, and a feisty parakeet.

I am linking up with The Book Nook

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean