Review: Sister Dear




       "Sister Dear" written by author Laura McNeill is a mystery/suspense novel. Allie Marshall spends 10 years in jail for a crime she didn't commit. Will she be able to clear her name and make a new life?
      The year is 2016 and Caroline wants nothing to do with her mother who has recently bailed from jail after spending a decade for something she didn't do. Caroline spent this time with her aunt, Allie's sister, and wants her aunt to adopt her.
      Caroline's best friend, Maddie, was boy-crazy with a never ending list of boyfriends. Sheriff Lee Gaines and his k-9 dog, Chief, work well together. His wife, June, lived in a nursing home, wheelchair bound,  because of brain damage.
      I had a hard time with this book and was unable to finish it. I did not like the sexual innuendoes including the explicit sexual themes. I would not recommend this book to anyone. I think I was expecting something entirely different than I got. I was expecting one sister helping and caring for another. In this case, I should have chosen `a book by its cover`. The cover looks dark and dreary.

Disclaimer: I received the ARC of the e-book from LitFuse Publicity for my honest opinion.

Comments

Sherry Legan said…
Interesting take. I felt the same way. Kind of hate it when that happens.
Michelle F said…
Thanks! I tried to finish it, but just couldn't.
I can't believe what some author's call Christian...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Sandee said…
Well I'll pass on this one and I've read some really good books you're recommended so I'm going to go with your recommendation.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

Dixie n Dottie said…
I also review this book and felt the same way. I actually threw my copy away. It's refreshing to know that I'm that the only one who was appalled by the darkness of this book. Thank you for being so honest with you review!
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com
Michelle F said…
Thank you!

I haven't thrown my copy away, yet.
Trying to decide whether to toss it or give it to the library.

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello