Crazy Little Thing Called Love


Tell us a bit about the story behind your latest novel. Where did your inspiration spark from?
There were two sparks for Crazy Little Thing Called Love: the first was the whole idea of young love and a couple eloping. I know people who were high school sweethearts and got married, and their marriages are still going strong. The second was the realization that we’ve all made mistakes and wishing we could undo those mistakes.
How long did your book take you to write?
I use The Book Buddy, a work-text developed by author Susan May Warren, and take about two weeks to develop my characters, my plot, and my spiritual thread. Then I take a month to fast draft the story before I rewrite it. All told, the process for the initial draft I sent to my editor took about 10 weeks.
How long was the editing/publishing process?
From start to finish – which includes my first draft, second edits, copy edits, and galley edits – one year.
Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?
There’s so much I could say to aspiring writers. Find a mentor. Invest in writers’ conferences. Join My Book Therapy (author Susan May Warren’s writing community). Most importantly, stay grounded in who God says you are. The publishing business can mess with your head.
What’s your next book or project?
There are two more installments in the Destination Wedding series in 2016: another novella and another novel: Almost like Being in Love.



Beth K. Vogt

{More About Beth K. Vogt}

Beth K. Vogt believes God’s best often waits behind the doors marked “Never.” A 2015 RITA® Finalist and a 2014 Carol Award finalist, Beth is a contemporary romance novelist with Howard Books. Her 2014 novel, “Somebody Like You,” was one of Publisher’s Weekly’s Best Books of 2014. In 2015 she introduced her destination wedding series with both an e-novella, “Can’t Buy Me Love,” (May) and a novel, “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” (June).
Find out more about Beth K. at http://bethvogt.com.
FacebookTwitter

The post The Story Behind ‘Crazy Little Thing Called Love’ appeared first on Litfuse Publicity Group .
 



Comments

Sandee said…
Wow, a whole year to get the book done. That's a long time.

Excellent review as always.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello