Wednesday Hodgepodge ~ Colour Purple



It's time to join in with Hodgepodge Wednesday.
Joyce asks the questions, bloggers post their answers.
We would love for you to click the button and join us!

(1) When did you last have to interact, either by phone or in person, with someone in a government run agency? On a scale of 1 - 10, how would you rate the experience? (10 being fabulous and 1 being pass the Tylenol).

A- I recently spoke to someone from a government run agency and I would put that experience at 5 on the scale.

(2) The current governor of Wisconsin is considering a run for President next time around. Walker attended Marquette University, but never graduated. In terms of any candidate running for the office of President (not asking here if you agree or disagree with Scott Walker's politics) would the lack of a college degree influence your vote or no? Would that be a factor in your support of any candidate running for public office, even a role less weighty than President?

A- When I consider a candidate to vote for I have never thought about their college education. So, no, it would not be a deciding factor for President, or any public office. However, upon seeing Walker attended a university but did not finish, that is what bothers me. Why didn't he finish? What were his grades? If he does become President, will he begin something and then bail out? This would be my concerns for any candidate in public office, whether that of President or less weighty. I only focus my answer on Walker because that is who this question mentions.

(3) When did you last visit a place or site named for George Washington or Abraham Lincoln, and what was that place or site?

A- I don't think I ever have as long as I have lived.

(4) February 16th was President's Day in the US, but did you know it was also National Almond Day? I didn't think so :)  Do you like almonds? If so, what's a food/dish/recipe you enjoy that contains almonds?

A- I did not know it was National Almond Day. However, I do like almonds though Brazil nuts are my favorite. I like other nuts, too. My least favorite are cashews. Yes, I digress! Back on topic, I like mixed nuts, with almonds, and M&M's with almonds. I also like almond milk, does that count? I prefer it over dairy milk.

(5) The television program Saturday Night Live celebrated its 40th anniversary this past weekend. Were/are you a fan of the show? If so what has been your favorite (or one of your favorite) skits, sayings, or characters that came out of the program?

A- I have never been a fan of SNL.

(6) Anything purple within 10 feet of you? What is it?

A- Yes, my son's WCU football jacket.

(7) Back in December I asked you to submit a question for a future HP as part of a giveaway I(Joyce) was hosting. I grabbed this one from those entries, submitted by Zoanna who blogs over at A Penchant For Pens. Thanks Zoanna!

She asks,"How often do you make your bed, and how do you like to make it - pull the covers all the way up over the pillows, tuck the covers in around the pillows, or place all the pillows on top of the covers?"

A- I rarely make my bed. HA! Hubby makes it most everyday while I am in the kitchen preparing his breakfast. We then sit down together and I read to him whatever book we are currently on, while he eats. As for making the bed, we both make it the same way. we pull the covers half-way over the pillows and never, not ever, tuck the covers in.

(8) Insert your own random thought here:


My Question:
How do you make your bed?


Comments

Joyce said…
I'm curious what book you're reading? I sometimes read aloud to my hubs too. I like chocolate and coconut with my almonds : )
Michelle F said…
Hi Joyce, thanks for asking.
We are reading `The Amazing Danis`(David L. Scovill).
Hubby & I both love it!

It's about Missionary David L. Scovill (1960's) and the Dani people of Papua, New Guinea. He wrote this book in the recent years, about his experiences as a missionary.
Linda Kay said…
Joyce thanks for sharing your thoughts. Last year, after taking a quilting class I created a king-size quilt for our bed. It fits the bed perfectly, like some from retail never do, it is pulled up under the pillows, then the bed pillows, then the decorator pillows I found that really look good with the quilt. I'm a little fussy about always having my bed made.
Mary said…
When I first read #2, the same questions popped into my head.
Sandee said…
The only thing I want to happen with the presidents race is not allow another Bush or another Clinton in the white house. Please. I know very little about Walker. If he runs we'll know many things about him and many of those things won't even be true. It's the dirty business of politics.

Have a fabulous day. ☺
April said…
For me, chocolate, coconuts, and almonds are the perfect combination!
I think almond milk counts. It's all I keep in the house. That is such a sweet morning routine for you and your husband. It has been a long time since I've heard that song!
Michelle F said…
Isn't it something how anything, and everything, comes out about a person when they run for president? Is nothing sacred?
The questions you have about Gov. Walker are good ones. I hope we can get more transparency out of this candidate than we've gotten from our current President. Sealing all records isn't exactly providing an 'open book' for the American people. I think that we all deserve, and should demand, answers to our questions about a candidate's background. And I don't think we should be intimidated into not asking uncomfortable questions.
Zoanna said…
I'm with you on the reason behind his not finishing college once he started. I wondered if it were a matter of economy, perseverence, grades, discipline with authority, boredom, or what. Any number of reasons a person drops out, but being a "drop out" of a four-year school term makes me question whether a four-year presidential term would make him quake . Intelligence didn't enter my mind. Character does.

I wish my hubby liked to hear things being read to him. What a nice tradition you have going.
I always enjoy these memes. I really need to try to join in! Fun & informative! Hug!
Dee said…
I think it's so sweet that you read to your hubby in the mornings.

I used to watch Kidsongs with my daughters so I know Purple People Eater very well. Hearing it brings back many memories... :)
Michelle F said…
Dee, our boys and I also listened to Kidsongs, when they were growing up. Very catchy tunes :)

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello