Hodgepodge Wednesday ~ Happy New Year
Welcome to the last Wednesday Hodgepodge of 2014.
Tomorrow begins 2015 and there will not be a Hodgepodge next week.
Joyce & her daughter are busy planning a wedding. Congratulations!
Now on to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge.
This is where bloggers answer the questions Joyce asks.
If you would like to participate please click the button.
(1) Share a favorite moment from your Christmas holiday celebration.
A- One of my favorite moments was the opening of the package with the goodies I won from Joyce's 200th Wednesday Hodgepodge. Thank you, Joyce! The package came as a huge box the week before Christmas. It was actually the biggest thing I opened on Christmas Eve. (We opened our presents Christmas Eve and I cooked a huge feast on Christmas Day.) After I opened the box there was another box inside, with a lovely Christmas card from Joyce. It was at that moment my family teased me that there would be an even smaller box inside that one. ha! However, you'll have to read on to see what was in the second box.
(2) What would you say has been the biggest news event during your life so far?
A- The birth of our 3 sons.
(3) The Pantone Color of the Year for 2015 is Marsala. What say you - like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either?
A- I no like! If I were to add this color anywhere it would be a pair of slacks with a white shirt. I really don't see me adding this color to my wardrobe, definitely not to my home.
(4) Would you rather meet your ancestors or your great grandchildren? Explain why.
A- My ancestors! My middle name comes from my great-great grandparents who were said to have been missionaries. Also, my great grandfather, and his family, came from Italy and lived in Chicago during the time of Al Capone. It is said my great grandfather trained to be a boxer to protect his family from Al Capone's men. The story is also told that my great grandfather accidentally cut off three of his fingers while sawing. I would like to find out if that is so, or if Al Capone's men did it.
(5) Share one life lesson learned in 2014.
A- Friendships must be maintained in order to grow.
(6) What was your best or favorite purchase made in 2014?
A- My Lodge cast iron cookware.
(7) What is one thing you're looking forward to in the new year?
A- I really don't have any foreseeable events happening in the new year.
(8) Insert your own random thought here.
As I post this I realize I should have taken pictures of the two boxes also.
Thanks, Joyce, for the wonderful gifts. I did share the peppermint bark :)
NOEL ~ the lovely Christmas card from Joyce!
(1) Anthropologie Fragrance Candle
(very aromatic ~ great for a romantic evening/night)
(2) The Soap & Paper Factory Snowy Peppermint Shea Butter Soap
(smells awesome! I will be saving & using this in my clothes drawer)
(3) 2014 The Wednesday Hodgepodge ornament
(4) White & Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark
(this is the only item I shared with my family ~ it was YUMMY!!)
(5) Swankie Hankies ~ with a bit of Christmas cheer written on each one
(6) colorful Notecards w/ envelopes
(7) Snowflake Mitten to hold the notecard & envelopes
(8) `tis the Season carry bag to hold everything
Let me tell you, Joyce is no cheapskate, she really did a fabulous job!