Hodgepodge Wednesday ~ Bird's Eye View
To join Hodgepodge Wednesday just click on the button.
This is a weekly meme where Joyce asks the questions and bloggers answer.
(1) Joyce' hubby spent last weekend pheasant hunting. Are there hunters in your family? If so, what do they hunt? Which of the following have you tasted - pheasant, rabbit, venison, duck, goose? Which of those would you most like to taste, or be most willing to taste?
Vegetarians keep calm and Hodgepodge on.
A- There are no hunters in my immediate family. Growing up my sister, brother and dad all hunted. I have had the luxury of tasting rabbit, venison, duck, squirrel, bear, alligator, frog legs, bison, and maybe a few more I can't recall right now. I would like to taste pheasant and goose.
(2) What high spot have you visited that gave you a wonderful `bird's eye view` of something below?
A- Wayah Bald, Franklin, North Carolina.
(3) Do you have any birds in your home? These could be either real live pets or decorative, as in bird prints, knickknacks, fabric, or pottery.
A- Yes! I have an overnite bag with chickens all over it and a green glass jar that looks like a rooster.
(4) Tell us about a time you `killed two birds with one stone`.
A- Can't think of any
(5) Your favorite song with a bird in its title.
A- Kookaburra Sits In The Old Gum Tree
(6) What most recently gave you the goosebumps?
A- Hubby and I were watching `a who-dun-it` show. I usually don't watch them, but it was intriguing even though I did have goosebumps.
(7) Halloween is this Friday...any plans? Did you trick or treat as a child? Carve pumpkins? Share your most memorable costume.
A- We usually buy candy to hand out to the neighborhood kids. Yes, I did trick or treat as a child. Now I have mixed feelings about it. I was never one for the gory costumes and still think that's going too far. But, I think it's ok for a girl to dress up like a princess, or a boy like a cowboy. However, my most memorable costume was one my mom made me. I was a one-eyed monster and won first place for best costume. I had a sheet over me, with little peep holes and she used poster-board for a tall head with one eye. I hate to think what would win first place these days.
(8) Insert your own random thought here.
Kookaburra Sits In The Old Gum Tree