Hodgepodge Wednesday - It's An Age Thing


Joyce, our host is celebrating a birthday this week. So her questions deal with aging.
Happy Birthday Joyce! You can click on the button to visit Joyce and participate.

(1) Douglas MacArthur is quoted as saying, `You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair.` Would you agree? If not why not?
A- Makes sense to me. So yes I agree.

(2) What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily in your birth year, just the same date/same month.
A- According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_21
The Mayflower Pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock. (1620)

(3) Describe a time or circumstance where you wanted to `have your cake and eat it too.`
A- Can't think of any right off the top of my hat

(4) What's something that makes you feel young? Something that makes you feel old?
A- Going to an all day Christian concert and singing with the rest of the gang.
I feel old when my arthritis is hurting.

(5) When did you last do something that was `a piece of cake`?
A- Since we're talking food & I love cooking....made chili in the crockpot.

(6) Beef, wine, and cheese all improve with age. What's something else you'd add to that list? (not necessarily food or beverage)
A- I'd say wisdom improves with age. I believe the older we get the wiser we become.

(7) If Joyce were to have a giveaway when she hits volume 200, what should she give away? By Joyce's  calculations, we'll hit volume 200 on November 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, which means whoever wins would have whatever it is in time for Christmas.
A- I'm lost in thought and have no idea.

(8) Insert your own random thought here.

Comments

April said…
In my opinion, you can't beat Crock-Pot chili, especially on a fall day!
Joyce said…
Those Pilgrims arrived just in time for a New England winter. I never got my chili made last week, so am putting it on this weekend's menu. Have a great day!
That's pretty cool, your birthday coinciding with the landing of the Pilgrims! That chili in the crock pot sure sounds good on this chilly day!
A Joyful Chaos said…
So thankful we get wiser the older we get. Too bad some of that wisdom has to come through hard knocks.
A Joyful Chaos said…
P.S. Love that your blog is word verification free!
Linda Kay said…
The Mayflower, eh? Well that's better than another one I read earlier for sure. Thanks for sharing your thoughts....bet that chili was great!
Sandee said…
What a fun meme and one that lets you get to know the author far better.

Have a blessed day. ☺
Michelle F said…
Hi Linda, I had not realized that was when they landed.
I actually checked a couple of sites before posting my answer.
Now wouldn't it have been ironic if I had an ancestor on the Mayflower when they landed on my birth date?


Yes, the chili was wonderful! It was crockpot chicken chili. Yum...
Michelle F said…
Hi April, I enjoy using my crockpot. Especially now that they make crockpot liners. Makes the clean-up so much easier.
Michelle F said…
Hi Joyce, because of question #2 I learned a bit of history I didn't know. Great question!
bj said…
How fun this party is...I keep trying to remember to do it but I never do.
loved reading all your answers..:)
Mari said…
My Mom had the same birthday as you!
I'm making chili in the crock pot this weekend. Yum!
Michelle F said…
Hi, Mari!

It's certainly cool enough to make chili. Enjoy!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello