A Bookish Kind of Tag

I would like to thank CGrace of With My Book and a Quilt for nominating my blog for a Liebster Award.
As a rule I don't post awards on my site, but this one intrigued me. First I'll answer the questions CGrace asks of me, then I'll post questions for you. I'll nominate a few blogs, but anyone can answer the questions.  Please let me know if you do so I can come see. Thanks!

For Me:
(1) What is the first book you remember reading?
Bedknobs and Broomsticks (Walt Disney Productions) I actually saw the movie first. Then I bought the book and carried it every where I went. I don't remember much about it, but, I loved it! Which was rare for me. I would rather have talked than read.

(2) What is your favorite genre of reading?
Well, I must admit, the more I read and widen my horizon the more undecided I am on this one. At present I am liking series novels. I just fall in love with the characters and don't want them to end. The present series is about horse wranglers and there have been some deaths. When I lose a favorite character I feel like crying.

(3) What book character do you think you are most like?
This is a hard one. I have answered a few quizzes and came up with different answers. The character I would most like to be like is Laura Ingall's from `Little House on the Prairie`. A down to earth character with a little bit of spunk.

(4) Are you part of a book club/group? How do you feel about book clubs?
I like to keep up with a group on GoodReads that decides, through polls, what books we'll read each month. I have also been in local book clubs. I prefer local book clubs, instead of online.

(5) The most annoying book I ever read was...
If by annoying you mean one I wanted to read, but couldn't get into I'd have to say `How to Read a Book` (Mortimer Adler). I was suppose to be learning how to read books well, but was having a hard time with understanding it. I do believe I read the whole book and didn't recall anything I read.

(6) Did you like reading in school?
No I did not. Because of that I made poor grades and was a talk-a-holic. It's only after I became a mother  that I began to see how much I missed. Now I am an avid reader. Surprisingly, I taught my boys how to read.The one that is in college enjoys reading, Language Arts is his best subject and he is making all A's.

(7) Where is your favorite place to read?
On the couch in the living room. If it's cold I like to cuddle up with an afghan or in my comfy robe.

(8) If you could pick one fictional character to be your best friend, who would it be?
I would choose Bailey from Karen Kingsbury's series Bailey Flanigan

(9) Do you read seasonally? That is, do you read lighter beach-read books in summer and heavier books in winter?
I guess I used to make a point of reading seasonally. However, now I read what I am in the mood for. Sometimes I need a book to lift my spirits so I'll read a light book. Other times, when I'm feeling good and want to take on a challenge I'll read heavier books. I do make a point of reading special books for the holidays. I always read Christmas books starting in November and through the season.

(10) Can you listen to music while reading? If so, what kind of music do you like to have as background noise?
Yes! I like to listen to smooth contemporary Christian music. Not too rocky a beat and not a lot of talking.

I nominate: 
(1) Beckey @ My Really, Real Reality
(2) Lori @ The Broke and The Bookish
(3) Linda Kay @ Senior Adventures
(4) Lisa @ Lisa Notes
(5) Lynn Marie @ Life Through Bifocals
(6) Sandee @ Comedy Plus
(7) Rhonda @ Albom Adventures
(8) Bluerose @ Bluerose's Heart
(9) Sherry @ The Journey Back
(10) Debby @ Just Breathe
(11) Alexis @ Running Away? I'll Help You Pack
(12) BJ @ Sweet Nothings


For You:
(1) What made you start a blog?

(2) What is one tip you would offer a new blogger?

(3) Where does your blogging inspiration come from?

(4) What do you like best about blogging?

(5) Are you a morning person? Why/Why not?

(6) Who has the biggest influence on you? Why?

(7) What is your favorite book?

(8) What is the first book you remember reading?

(9) How do you feel about print books versus e-books?

(10) What is your favorite piece of furniture? Why?

Comments

CGrace said…
Great responses! Thank you so much for taking the time to answer the questions. I'll be looking at the blogs you nominated, as well.
Michelle F said…
Thanks, CGrace! It was fun.
Linda Kay said…
Michelle, you will find my answers on my Tuesday Blog.
Grantham Lynn said…
Fun post. Great questions.
Nice to get to know you more.
Have a good week.
Michelle F said…
Hi Sherry,

Thank you. I would love it if you would do this also.
Have a great week!
Michelle F said…
Hi Linda Kay,

I'll look for your answers.
Thank you for participating.
Sandee said…
You did a great job. Fabulous in fact.

I love you to pieces, but I just don't do tags anymore. They are too much work and I'm way too lazy.

Have a fabulous day. ☺
Michelle F said…
awww thanks Sandee!!

I understand about not doing them.
They are a lot of work and I forgot some people to nominate.
So it may be a while before I do another.

Have a blessed day!
Alexis AKA MOM said…
Thank you hun! I will post mine on Thursday.

I so would be Laura too :)
Michelle F said…
Thank you Alexis! I look forward to seeing it.
Bluerose said…
Fun answers!

Thank you for picking me! :)

Michelle F said…
Hi Bluerose,

Your welcome! I look forward to seeing your answers.
bj said…
Darling girl...thank you for the award. I will sure answer your questions and let you know when I post them.
It will be into next week as I have all days filled with posts thru this coming weekend.
Thanks again for thinking of me.
xo bj
Rhonda Albom said…
Thanks so much for nominating me. I am honored. Your interview was interesting, and we are a bit similar, stating with Bedknobs and Broomsticks - movie first and wishing I was more like Laura Ingalls.
Michelle F said…
Thanks BJ!

I look forward to learning more about you.
Michelle F said…
Hi Rhonda,

You are welcome. I don't remember much about BedKnobs and Broomsticks other than I think they had a flying bed.

I have always dreamed of living in the era of Laura. But, then again, we wouldn't have computers :)
Thank you so much for thinking of me. Yes I will definitely post this and answer your questions. I will probably try to post this on Friday.
Michelle F said…
Hi Debby, Sounds good. I look forward to reading your answers.

Blessings to you
Beckey said…
Awww...you're so sweet! Thank you for selecting me as one of your chosen blogs!! I'll have my answers up in a post this Friday! :0) Have a blessed day!
Just sent you a friend request on Goodreads.

Beckey
http://reallyreallyrealhousewives.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/queenbsbusywork
Michelle F said…
Thanks Beckey!

I'll look for your answers and for the friend request.
Susan Cook said…
fun questions! I love Laura Ingalls - those where some of the first books I remember reading - when I was little.

I actually used to read more when I was younger - don't have as much time now - but still like to read. Thanks for sharing :)
Michelle F said…
Hi Susan,

I love `Little House`
Thanks for stopping by :)

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello