Review: `The Christmas Promise` ~ Donna VanLiere

               There are several 'colorful' characters in this story. Gloria is the cream of the crop, always looking for ways to help others. Miriam is from the other side of the tracks, always the snooty, disapproving neighbor. Chaz is a man who has moved around a lot, doesn't believe in Christmas and drinks too much alcohol.
               The story line seems to switch back and forth a lot keeping me on my toes. It was a bit confusing trying to keep track of the characters. However this book presents the wonderful spirit of Christmas.
               Each chapter begins with a quote. My favorite quote is from chapter five, "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around" (Leo Buscaglia).
               This is an inspiring work of fiction, perfect for the Christmas season. I recommend it for the older teen to adult reader.

Disclaimer: I received this book for Christmas (2010) and was not compensated, in any way, for my honest review.  I'm linking up to The Journey Back

Comments

Melinda said…
I love that quote! This sounds like a book I need to put on my Christmas wish list!
Thanks so much for stopping by!! I just love books about Christmas!! This one sounds like a good one!!

Hugs,
Deb
Michelle F said…
Hi Deb, thanks for stopping by and leaving some comment luv.
This is a good book.
I'll probably read it again.

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello