Review: Deadly Disclosures

                                   DeadlyDisclosures-cover1-229x300[1].jpg
                Author Julie Cave contacted me about reviewing her book at the perfect time. I had recently been contemplating reading another mystery book but had not picked it up. I downloaded the first chapter from her site (juliecave.com) and after reading it I was hooked.
                 Even though "Deadly Disclosures" is about the disappearance of Thomas Whitfield, Secretary of the Smithsonian, it involves more than that. It is also a novel about creation and evolution.
                  FBI Special Agent Dinah Harris is called onto the case by David Ferguson, her partner, although she is struggling with her own problems of depression, alcoholism and mistakes of her past.
                  I was challenged as Thomas Whitfield told his abductor he answers to a "Higher Authority." I thought "What would my reaction be if facing an abductor? Would I be calm? Would I pray?"
                 "Deadly Disclosures" is the first in a trilogy, with the next in the series due out in October. I give this novel five out of five stars for being very thought out and well written.  I look forward to reading more books by Julie Cave and recommend it to readers of both secular and Christian mysteries.

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book from New Leaf Publishing Group. 

Comments

Amy said…
Sounds like a great book. I posted the award you gave me today..

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello