Review: Returning Home



        `Returning Home` is a Christian romance novel by author Toni Shiloh. Toni dedicates this novel to God, the Author, and Finisher of her faith.

        The prologue begins with a head-on collision. Then Chapter one is two months later. Evan is missing a leg because of the accident and is wheelchair bound. At thirty years of age, he is back living with and depending on, his parents. The deciding factor is should he continue living with his parents or move to his own place.

        I was able to sense the feelings of the characters which made the story come alive. It's a story of forgiveness and mending relationships. I appreciate how faith in Jesus was mentioned throughout this novel. Without faith, it could be almost impossible to mend relationships and move on with life.

        I admire how the only church in town stayed up-to-date with the culture and was now a non-denominational mixed-race congregation. The town of Freedom Lake was a place to return home to.

        My takeaway is that I can either continue to let people who hurt me years ago still hurt me, or I can forgive them for my sake.

I am linking up to Literacy Musing Mondays and The Book Nook




Author bio: 
Toni Shiloh is a wife, mom, and Christian fiction writer. Once she understood the powerful saving grace thanks to the love of Christ, she was moved to honor her Savior. She writes to bring Him glory and to learn more about His goodness.
She spends her days hanging out with her husband and their two boys. She is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and president of the Virginia Chapter.
You can find her on her website at http://tonishiloh.wordpress.com.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this ebook from the author. All opinions are my own."

Comments

Toni Shiloh said…
Thank you so much for the review!
Sandee said…
Sounds like a great read. I still have that stack of books, but I'm getting through them.

Have a fabulous and blessed week, Michelle. ♥
Michelle F said…
Toni, It's my pleasure :) I look forward to reading the next installment :)

Sandee, Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you're able to catch up with your TBR pile :)
Mary Hill said…
This book sounds like a great one with important lessons. Thanks for sharing on the #LMMLinkup this past week.

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello