Review: The Pretender



           `The Pretender - A Blackguard in Disguise` is a mystery/suspense novel by author Ta`Mara Hanscom. This is book one in the Caselli family series. The year is 1975, really not that long ago. The state is South Dakota; eighteen-year-olds could drink alcohol and the Vietnam War was over.

        This book was exhilarating from the beginning, however, it is a big book with over 300 pages and fine print. This is one book that was hard to put down, I would fall asleep while reading it. Not because I was bored with the book, but because I wanted to keep reading even though I was tired.

        I learned that the story of Mount Rushmore is known as follows: A man by the name of Charles Rushmore was an attorney from New York who had come to visit some mining interest in the Black Hills. He asked the name of the mountain, the guide asked his name, he said Rushmore, and the guide said the name of the mountain is Rushmore.

        What I liked most was the suspense. Sicilian authorities have pursued the Ponerello family, a notorious Mafia family, since 1955. Sorry to see the book end, but hoping I get a chance to read the other books in this series. I recommend this series to readers who like suspense.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."

I'm linking up to The Book Nook.

Comments

Sandee said…
Okay, this is right down my alley. I'm going to have to get these books.

Have a fabulous day, Michelle. ☺
tamarahanscom said…
Thank you for your review!
Michelle F said…
Sandee, I hope you do. I believe you'll like them.
Michelle F said…
Tamara, thank you so much for stopping by.
I do hope to be able to read the rest of the series.

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello