Review: The Soldier Who Killed A King



        `The Soldier Who Killed A King` is a Christian historical fiction book by author David Kitz. It is a one week journey through the eyes of Marcus Longinus, the Roman centurion who oversaw the crucifixion of Jesus (pg# 9). The book includes a map of first-century Jerusalem to guide you as you read.

        The miracles that Jesus performed during the Passover week are listed throughout the book. It also tells of Jesus righteous anger over the moneychangers in His church. Although Jesus did perform the miracles listed in the book, the author conjectures what the Roman centurion may have witnessed.

        I believe Christians of all faiths should read this book because it's told in the first person as if the main character was there. The reader will feel involved as the week unfolds. The parts I enjoyed most was when the book focused on Jesus, His miracles, and His followers. There were exciting, suspenseful, and exhilarating parts. However, the parts leading up to the crucifixion, and the crucifixion itself, were so vivid my soul could feel every lash, every slap, everything that was done to my Lord and Saviour, Christ Jesus.

        I recommend this book to believers and seekers of The Way.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."

I'm linking up to Friendship Friday  and Literacy Musing Mondays and The Book Nook

Comments

Sandee said…
I would love this book. I so have enjoyed many you have featured here.

Have a fabulous day, Michelle. ☺
Marilyn said…
When you described the book I feel I'm there remembering those events in Christ's life. I am excited about reading the book and getting the Centurion's perspective. From what you shared I am excited about reading "The Centurion Who Killed the King".

Thanks for a great review!

Love you, Michelle.
Michelle F said…
Sandee,

Yes, I do believe you would like this book.
Thanks for always faithfully stopping by.
Michelle F said…
Marilyn,

This is an awesome book. I actually felt like I was there witnessing the week.
It takes you from Palm Sunday to Easter.

Thanks for stopping by.

Love you, too!!

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall