Review: Seven Brides for Seven Mail-Order Husbands




`Seven Brides for Seven Mail-Order Husbands` is an anthology by seven different authors. The fore edge of the book is deckled, which makes an interesting book-style, and it makes the pages easier to turn. 

The setting is 1866, in the aftermath of the War Between the States, the husbands do not return home. So the ladies think it's a great idea to advertise for a husband. Several men come to town and there is great opportunity to find a wife. But, first, the men have to go through an audition process.

The new sheriff in the town of Turtle Springs, Kansas. The Sheriff may need some help, while at the same time he is looking for a wife, along with all other husbands, he is also seeking solace in God.

This short, light-hearted story is another great one for a Christian Book Club. My favorite part was when a 12-year old & 9-year-old brother kidnap a groom so he can marry the boys' mother.

I have read several books of mail-order brides, this one is a first for me. It is quite unique as the author writes on the lighter side and keeps the book interesting by adding humor, where as female brides tend to be more series in nature.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."

I am linking to the Book Nook.

Comments

Sandee said…
This sounds like an excellent read.

Have a blessed day, Michelle. ☺
The title reminds me of the 1954 movie Seven Brides for Seven Brothers!
Michelle F said…
Sandee: I believe you would like this book.

Debby: Interesting :) I have never heard of that movie.

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall