Review: A Heart's Gift



        `A Heart's Gift` is a family drama novel by Lena Nelson Dooley. The setting is Colorado - 1893.
I felt the characters were portrayed well as the storyline intermingled throughout the novel. The novel was a bit long, a few chapters shorter would help in keeping the reader's interest. However, there are at least three storylines: a murder mystery, a marriage of convenience, and a suspenseful ending.

        I would recommend this novel to readers interested in westerns and historical romance. I give this book 4* out of 5* and I want to thank the author for sending me the book to review. I love the cover and feel it portrays what the novel is about.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this novel. All opinions are my own."

Author Bio:

Multi-published, award-winning author Lena Nelson Dooley 
has had more than 875,000 copies of her 30+ books sold. Her books have appeared
on the CBA, Publisher’s Weekly, and ECPA bestseller lists, as well as Amazon bestseller lists. 
She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers http://www.acfw.com/ and the local chapter, 
ACFW - DFW. She’s a member of Christian Authors’ Network, and Gateway Church in Southlake, Texas.

Comments

Sandee said…
Sounds like a great read. I love westerns. And clean romance.

Have a fabulous and blessed day, Michelle. ☺
Thank you for reading and reviewing my book. I always treasure honest reviews.
Michelle F said…
Sandee, yes this is a clean read which I should have mentioned.
If you like westerns you'll like this book.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a Happy 4th!
Michelle F said…
Lena, it was a pleasure to read your book.
I look forward to reading and reviewing the 2nd one, although it may take me a while to get to it. I have a huge TBR pile that I plan to get to.

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello