Review: The Color of a Silver Lining



        This is the review of an inspirational novel by author Julianne MacLean.

        Although this novel captured my attention right away, I almost did not finish reading it. However, the intriguing story line and vivid imagery had captured my imagination, so I kept returning to it. I felt as if I became part of the story. The dialog is interesting but easy to digest. I was bothered somewhat by the introduction of a psychic character, but that soon passed.

        The story follows two families who had experienced tragedy in the loss of a child. One of the children survived to tell about her experience in heaven. This child used her artistic talents to draw pictures of what heaven is like. The other family found peace in the experiences of the little girl.

        This novel is so full of emotion, that I found it hard to put down, and I'm now glad I finished the story. As a result, I have been inspired to read more works by this author. I give this story 5* and recommend it to fans of inspirational fiction.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book by the publisher. All opinions are my own."


Bio:

USA Today Bestselling author, Julianne MacLean came to the romance genre after completing a degree in English literature from the University of King's College in Nova Scotia. She fell in love with some of the classic romances - Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice - and after a brief stint as a federal government auditor, decided to try her hand at becoming a modern day romance writer.

She is a four-time Rita Finalist and winner of numerous awards, including the Romantic Times Magazine Reviewers Choice Award, the Colorado Romance Writers Award of Excellence, and the Greater Detroit Romance Writers Booksellers' Best Award. Her books have been translated into many languages and she has sold over 1.3 million books in North America alone.

She is a devoted wife and mother, and loves to travel. She has lived in New Zealand and Ottawa, and is now settled happily in Nova Scotia while working on her latest book.

Comments

Sandee said…
Sounds like a great author to read. I've read many of the books you've recommended. I'm glad I did.

Have a blessed day, Michelle. ☺

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean