Q & A with author Toni Shiloh


                                      Please welcome author Toni Shiloh to New Horizon Reviews

Toni Shiloh is a wife, mom, and Christian fiction writer. Once she understood the powerful saving grace of the  love of Christ, she was moved to honor her Savior.  She writes soulfully romantic novels to bring Him glory  and to learn more about His goodness. Before pursuing her dream as a writer, Toni served in the United States Air Force. It was there she met her husband. After countless moves, they ended up in Virginia, where they are raising their two boys. When she's not typing in imagination land, Toni enjoys reading, playing video games, ​making jewelry, and  spending time with ​her family. Toni is a member of the American Christian ​Fiction Writers (ACFW) as well as the ACFW Virginia ​Chapter.

Hi Toni,
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to do an interview.
Michelle: What are a few of your favorite hobbies?
Toni: Reading!! I'm sure that comes to no surprise. I also enjoy playing XBOX with my husband and kiddos, making jewelry, coloring, or sleeping. Sleeping is a beautiful hobbie. 😉
Michelle: How do you begin writing your books? What inspires you?
Toni: Each book is a little different. Sometimes it's an idea inspired by a song, something on the news, Bible reading, or something someone says. Sometimes the character comes up to me and tells me their problems. Of course, I feel the desire to discover how God can help them. 😊
Michelle: What was your favorite book as a child?
Toni: I can't pick just one! I loved Nancy Drew, Babysitter's Club, Sweet Valley High, Pride & Prejudice (I know strange reading for a kid).
Michelle: If you wrote an autobiography what would be the name of it?
Toni: Redeemed. 
Michelle: If you could live a day in one of your characters lives, who would you choose? Please explain
Toni: What an awesome question! I would pick Jo in my upcoming release, Returning Home. She does renovations and I think that is so awesome! I would love to buy a fixer upper and make it my own.
Michelle: Just for fun, what are you listening to?
Toni: Last thing I heard was Elevation Worship's Resurrecting. I went to a Christian concert and heard it and immediately downloaded it to my phone.
Michelle: Can you share any teasers of what's next?
Toni: A lot, lol. I recently signed a contract for the third book in the Maple Run series. I'm also Indie publishing Returning Home, the first book in my Freedom Lake series. I can't wait to share more when it gets closer.
Michelle: What are three of your favorite resources to turn to when writing?
Toni: God, the internet, and Pinterest, lol. I always pray before writing, near the end, and of course any time I get stuck. I also search the internet for anything I need to. And Pinterest because it has everything, lol. I create storyboards, looking for outfits, houses my characters live in, even photos of character inspirations. Most of the time I have to drag myself away.
Michelle: What is your fiction pet peeve?
Toni: Hmm...annoying heroines. Not the ones that start off annoying and end up redeemed in the end. Just the flaky, talk-to-much, lacking common sense type of heroine. Fortunately, I don't see those types in fiction all that often.
Toni, once again I want to thank you for your time.
Thank you so much for having me!
I'm linking up to The Book Nook I'm linking up with Friendship Friday.
(I don't know why there is such a huge space at the top, and blogger wouldn't let me fix it..bummer)

Comments

Toni Shiloh said…
Thank you so much for having me! I really appreciate it. :)
Michelle F said…
It was a pleasure, Toni :)
Sandee said…
Love Toni's smile. She looks and sounds like a fun person to be around.

Have a blessed day and weekend, Michelle. ☺
Michelle F said…
I agree, Sandee!

Have a great weekend!
Toni Shiloh said…
Thank you, Sandee!

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall