Q & A with author Linda Shenton Matchett



                                          Please welcome author Linda Shenton Matchett to New Horizon Reviews.

Linda Shenton Matchett is a journalist, blogger of all things historical, and author. Born in Baltimore, Maryland, a stone’s throw from Fort McHenry, Linda has lived in historical places most of her life-from Edison, New Jersey (named for the famed inventor of the lightbulb) and Washington, DC to Wolfeboro, New Hampshire (reputed to be the oldest summer resort in America). A freelance writer for over ten years, her articles and devotionals have appeared in numerous print and online publications. She is a volunteer docent at the Wright Museum of WWII and as a Trustee for the Wolfeboro Public Library. Active in her church, she serves as treasurer, usher, choir member, and Bible study leader. 


Michelle: Hi, Linda! Welcome to New Horizon Reviews.

Linda: Thanks for inviting me. It's nice to spend some time with you.

Michelle: Can you tell us a little bit about your book `Let Love Spring`, which you coauthored with two other authors?

Linda: I was approached by Sandy Barela of Celebrate Lit Publishing to see if I wanted to be part of a collection she was putting together. I was thrilled to be asked, but nervous about meeting her deadline, so I decided to use a secondary character, Allison White, from my novella, Love's Harvest, because she already had a little bit of a back story. Here's the "back of book" blurb: 

Allison White should be thrilled about her upcoming wedding. The problem? She’s still in love with her fiancé, Chaz, who was declared dead after being shot down over Germany in 1944. Can she put the past behind her and settle down to married life with the kindhearted man who loves her?
It’s been two years since Charles “Chaz” Powell was shot down over enemy territory. The war is officially over, but not for him. He has amnesia as a result of injuries sustained in the crash, and the only clue to his identity is a love letter with no return address. Will he ever regain his memories and discover who he is, or will he have to forge a new life with no connections to the past?

Michelle: What was the first book you read that made you want to be an author?

Linda: I read "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" when I was in my teens, and it really moved me. I decided then that I wanted to write stories that moved other people like that book affected me.

Michelle: What's your favorite historical era to read about?

Linda: Definitely the WWII era.

Michelle: Just for fun: Can you whistle?

Linda: LOL! Yes, but not very well. My sister has me beat, hands down.

Michelle: Are there any secret wishes hidden in your book?

Linda: Great question, but no there aren't.

Michelle: What is your favorite writing tool?

Linda: My laptop.

Michelle: What was your favorite book as a child?

Linda: "Are You My Mother." I loved that book and read it so much it wore out and my mom had to get me another one.

Michelle: What are the challenges/ benefits of coauthoring a book?

Linda: The challenge is wanting my story to be as good as my co-authors. I don't want to let them down. The benefits are working with other authors and learning from them.

Michelle: Do you prefer reading stories close to order, or do you prefer what-if stories?

Linda: I'll read anything (!) but probably close to order.

Michelle: Have you ever had a writing block?


Linda: I'm fortunate that I've not had major writer's block. I outline my stories so I have a general idea of where I'm going. But sometimes it's not that the words don't come, but the words that do come aren't very good! I write them down anyway and hope to do damage control during the revision stage!

Michelle: Thanks, Linda! It was fun learning more about you. Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

Sandee said…
What a lovely interview. It's good to get to know things about authors.

Have a blessed weekend, Michelle. ☺

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean