Review: She Walks in Power



        `She Walks in Power` is a science fiction/fantasy novel written by author MaryLu Tyndall. I chose to read this novel because of the intriguing cover. I felt the cover added depth to the story. The setting is in England, the Middle Ages. This is book one in the ` Protectors of the Spear` series.

        God had ordained Alexia D`Clere as Protector of the spear. At the young age of eight, Alexia was given possession of the spear that pierced Jesus side. She was to guard it with her life.

        I like these quotes from page 120, "In truth, I haven't found so much as a word or phrase about such things as penance and indulgences and the worship of saints. Nor that the Pope is divine and speaks for God." "God's Word tells of salvation through faith alone, faith in the Son of God and His sacrifice on the cross. It says naught about works, save those which we perform to please Him and help our fellow man, those which prove a changed heart within."

        Also, see page #122, "God's Word says those of us who follow Christ are all saints. It also tells us to pray only to God, for there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

        It took me a few chapters to get into the storyline, but I am glad I continued reading. This is a good vs evil type of novel. It had fight scenes, some of which reminded me of Robin Hood.

        I believe this novel is worth reading because although it is a fictional novel the author goes to great lengths to bring across the plan of salvation. This novel is exhilarating, suspenseful and exciting. I hope to read more books by this author. I love the way she writes, with twists, turn of events, and surprises. I recommend this book to fans of science fiction.

About the author:

Award-winning and best-selling author MaryLu Tyndall describes herself as an introvert, tall ship enthusiast, friend of pirates and mermaids, control freak, history lover, hopeless romantic, and a sword-wielding princess-warrior of the King of Kings. Her books are filled with adventure and romance guaranteed to touch your heart! Her hope is that readers will not only be entertained but will be brought closer to the Creator who loves them beyond measure. In a culture that accepts the occult, wizards, zombies, and vampires without batting an eye, MaryLu hopes to show the awesome present and powerful acts of God in a dying world. She has published over twenty novels and currently lives in California with her husband, 6 kids, 3 grandkids, and various stray cats.

THE CHOICE:


Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this novel by the author. All opinions are my own."

Comments

Sandee said…
I love good versus evil reads. I would like this book I'm sure.

Have a fabulous day, Michelle. ☺

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean