Review: Martin Luther



        `Martin Luther: In His Own Words`is a paperback book on the birth of Christian theology, written by authors Jack D. Kilcrease and Erwin W. Lutzer.

        I became interested in writing a review on this book after I wrote the review on Katharina and Martin Luther. I have heard others talk about him but felt I didn't have a good understanding of him personally. I found that he believes in Salvation the same way I do. It is by the grace of God, not of works. Martin speaks much of St. Paul and describes the doctrines of men and the life built on them by saying, `They are without foundation and without any basis in the scriptures and that men cannot know whether what they do is good or wicked. For all their life is an uncertain venture.' (pg # 96-97)

        I liked this book because it is easy enough for a layperson to understand and has footnotes for further understanding. There is also a note about what resources were used at the back of the book.

        I recommend this book to laypeople of all religions and as a study resource.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."

Where to Purchase

Resources

ISBN
9780801019326
Dimensions
5.5 x 8.5
Pub. Date
Apr 2017
SRP
$17.99

Comments

Sandee said…
I love a book that helps you understand what someone believed. Sometimes reading the Bible can be very difficult.

Have a fabulous day, Michelle. ☺

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello