Review: The Elusive Miss Ellison



        `The Elusive Miss Ellison` is a Christian romance book written by author Carolyn Miller. Carolyn Miller lives in New South Wales, Australia, and her books have won a number of RWA and ACFW contests. I was pleased to see this book was endorsed by one of my favorite authors, Carrie Turansky - award winning author of `A Refuge of Highland Hall.`

        I believe my one takeaway from this book is that through sickness, and death, God has promised eternal life to those that confess with their mouth Lord Jesus, and believe in their heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. This compares greatly to what I have been taught. The book accomplished my reassurance of my faith. The author's approach to this subject is descriptive. We can never be good enough to be saved, it is a gift from God. (see page 148).

        The author proves her point by quoting from the Holy Scriptures. I find the evidence convincing, making this a great book for seekers and believers who also enjoy historical fiction.

        I feel the characters worked well together. I chose this book because I was intrigued by the title. However, it took me to the middle of the book to finally appreciate the writing. It seemed to be rather dry until it finally captured me. I wanted to set it down and stop reading it several times. I am glad I stuck with it to the very end. This is book one of the `Regency Brides` series. Book two is `The Captivating Lady Charlotte.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."

About The Book:

Fans of Georgette Heyer, Lori Wick, and Julie Klassen will enjoy the spirited exchanges between the bluestocking minister's daughter and the bruised war hero as they move past pride and presumption to a humbled appreciation of God's grace and the true strength of love.

Comments

Sandee said…
I love your new blog look. Very nice.

I just read a book that started off so very pedestrian, and then around the middle of the book it got very good. I'm glad I read it to the finish too.

Have a fabulous day, Michelle. ☺
Michelle F said…
Sandee, Thanks for your nice comment.
I really do appreciate that.

I love your Wordless Wednesday waterfall.

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding