Review: Fear Fighting



        `Fear Fighting` is a women's Christian living book written by author Kelly Balarie. Kelly Balarie knows the subject matter well as she has lived what she writes. I have been in some of the same places so as I read I had tears of sorrow as well as those of joy, knowing I am walking close to God.

        Kelly is a featured writer at Crosswalk.com and iBelieve.com. Her goal is to help the reader walk through hard times and come out victorious on the other side. I was pleased to see some very familiar names have endorsed this book.

        Every chapter has a quote of its own and my favorite one is on page 110. `Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. (Judy Garland) There is also a twelve-week study challenge which would be perfect for a woman's Bible study or done individually.

        The script that had played over and over in Kelly's mind reminded me of my own. `I am not valuable. I am unworthy. I deserve to be sick.` This same script played over and over in my mind on a daily basis. Ruining my marriage, my friendships, and my life. Until I realized this script wasn't worth it. That's when I gave those negative thoughts to God. Now I spend my precious moments thinking the thoughts God would have me think. I like Kelly's quote on page 53, `When we have nothing left to give we quickly realize we have everything to gain.`

        There are two parts in this book. Part one is when we realize we need help. Part two shows us how to demolish the fear inducers. The author's position is that the devil can bring trials to us, it is up to us to choose our reaction.

        This book was originally written for women so it focuses on women. I feel like the author has considered the discussions from all angles. Not only does she state what the devil can do. She also states what God can do if we let Him. He is our Abba Daddy (Romans 8:15). If we wait for Him we will be strong (Psalm 27:14) (see page 68).

        As much as I liked this book, it was hard to put down, I didn't like the sexual abuse she spoke of. I'm sure it may need to be said but maybe not as open as it is. This was my only problem with the book.

Where to Purchase

Resources

Endorsements

"Through personal health struggles, job losses, financial and relational downfalls, and painful circumstances, Kelly Balarie got knocked down by fear and learned how to get up with God's strength. In Fear Fighting, Kelly shows us how we can overcome our greatest fears by developing the tenacious courage of a fear fighter who knows how to throw a strong faith punch! Through fear-busting challenges filled with life-changing truths, Fear Fighting will help you identify and overcome the most common fear-triggers of control, people pleasing, worry, comparison, competition, waiting, rejection, opposition, and pain from your past. With powerful stories, personal assessments, and practical strategies including a twelve-week fear-fighting group or individual study challenge, you will be empowered to live your life with passion, purpose, and an unstoppable, contagious faith!"
Renee Swope, author of A Confident Heart

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello