Review: Control Girl



        `Control Girl` is a Christian living, women's issues book written by author Shannon Popkin. Shannon Popkin looks at the life of seven women from the Bible and also including her own story to see how each learned to deal with the age-old sin of control. Shannon has had a blog for several years, is a contributing blogger at TrueWoman.com. She is also a wife, mother, and speaker.

        I was very interested in this particular book because I am a control freak. It is so hard for me to just let go and let God. So I was hoping for some tips to help me. I did find the book helpful as a daily study reminding me to let God be in charge.

        Each chapter is divided into lessons with correlating Bible passages. Some chapters have more lessons than others, and each of the women of the Bible leads their correlating chapters. God never intended for us to carry the burden of trying to control everything. As we give Him control we will find He does a better job at control than us. (see Luke 22:42)

        In chapter one Shannon shares with the reader her own control struggles suggesting the reader meditate on Proverbs 3:5-6. Where we learn that God wants to be in control and He ultimately is, not us.

        I was glad to see that Dee Brestin, author of Idol Lies and Cindy Bultema author of Red Hot Faith both endorsed this book.

About the author:

      Shannon Popkin is a wife and mom, a speaker and teacher, and a leader of small group studies. She's been published by "Family Fun," "MOMsense," "Focus on the Family Magazine," and other outlets. She is a contributing blogger for True Woman.com and has blogged for several years at shannonpopkin.com. "Control Girl" is her first book.

  I recommend this book to any woman who feels she is a control freak.

Disclaimer:  "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

The Aetherlight™