Review: Home On The Range



        `Home on the Range` is a Christian woman's fiction book written by author Ruth Logan Herne. Ruth Herne is the best-selling, multi-published author of over thirty novels and novellas. Home on the Range is book two of the Double S Ranch series.

        The main characters are Nick Stafford and Dr. Elsa Andreas. Nick is a single dad to two daughters, Cheyenne and Dakota. Elsa is their counselor. Their mother left them a year earlier. Cheyenne was doing poorly in school and was given the option of repeating third grade or have school during the summer to bring her grades up so she can go to fourth grade.

        My favorite character was Dr. Elsa Andreas. She knew how to interact with children who were obstinate through no fault of their own. Cheyenne couldn't understand why her mom left so she was terribly hurt and could be a bit obstinate. She missed her mom. Dakota was too young to remember her mom. When their mom came back into their life Cheyenne wanted her to stay, Dakota was afraid of her and didn't want her near. Elsa was kind and responded to the situation positively.

        I like the quote on page 212 because it helps me understand my problems better. "We tend to mess things up more by trying to fix what we should simply leave alone. Why make it convoluted or make yourself the villain? Why not take each day as it comes and deal with it?"

        The more I read this novel the more I liked it. Each person had to come true to who they are, each one needing God. I haven't read the first book in the series but I found it not necessary to understand the challenges each character faced and how they needed God. I recommend this novel to fans of women's fiction.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding