Review: First Words of Jesus



        `First Words of Jesus` is a Spiritual Growth book written by author Stu Epperson, Jr. The author's passion for writing this book is that the reader will see Jesus in a refreshing new light. The light of his birth and the light of the cross. Also, the author's point of view is that the significance of the cradle lies in the sequence of steps that led to the cross of Calvary.

        At first glance, it seems Jesus first words were, "Why do you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about my Father's business?" (Luke 2:49) However, Colossians 1:16 records His first words as, "Let there be light." (Genesis 1:3) The thesis of this book is Jesus` first recorded words as all-man and all-God, "Why do you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about my Father's business?"

        Stu Epperson, Jr.'s style of writing is suitable for older teens and adults. I found this 169-page book easy to understand as it flowed at a steady pace. In the book, the reader will learn why so many sought to be near Jesus. He uses phrases from Christmas carols in his writing to give the reader a clearer picture. He also gives the plan of salvation for anyone wanting to be saved.

        The plan of salvation as recorded on page 23..."Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of Your Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. I repent of my sin and admit my complete inability to meet the perfect demands of Your law. I believe the Good News that Jesus died in my place and I humbly ask You to save me from my sin. I receive the gift of salvation and New Life in Christ. Thank You for saving me and making me Your child. In Jesus name, Amen."

        This would make a great book club study since it includes scripture references and discussion questions.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."
       

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean