Review: Beyond Suffering Bible




        I love the layout and structure of this Bible. There are 8 pages of Introductory materials, which is a must read. Also included with the introduction is a letter from Joni Eareckson Tada who was paralyzed in the 60's due to a neck injury. Joni knows about overcoming suffering, so this letter is a great place to begin.

        In this Bible, you will find answers to questions such as: If God is good why does He allow this pain in my life? Where does a person who is struggling with a life-altering accident of illness find peace of mind and a purpose for living? Why does God heal some and not others?

        Also included are full-page devotionals, how to connect your Bible to everyday life, and other resources. I chose two reading plans: `Growing spiritually through suffering` and `Praising God through suffering`. There are also stories at the back of the Bible the one I most related to was `The Constant Distraction: Living with Chronic Pain`. Just as author Michael J. Easley speaks of his pain I also suffer the pain of Degenerative Disk Disease (DDD). Some days are better than others. Through suffering, we will gain a new perspective on faith.

I recommend this Bible to anyone who is suffering from chronic pain and their caretakers.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."


Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

The Aetherlight™