Review: An Amish Family Christmas



        `An Amish Family Christmas` is a paperback Amish Christmas novel written by author Shelley Shepard Gray. Shelley Gray is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. This novel is the fourth in her Charmed Amish Life series. An Amish Family Christmas is suitable for older teens and adults. The point of view is dramatized narration.

        The male hero is Levi Kinsinger, a handsome, headstrong younger son of the wealthiest family in the county of Charm, Ohio.

        The month of December was a sad month for Luther Schrock. It was the month his wife died in childbirth. They also lost the baby. It was also the month of his daughter's birthday. A daughter he had never seen. A daughter that didn't know he existed.

        Julia Kemp and her daughter, Penny, were on their own. Julia left her husband to protect her daughter and herself. It was almost Christmas and the only thing Penny wanted was a doll that had moving parts. I could relate to Julia Kemp because I also became involved with a man who abused me and our child. I had to run and pray he wouldn't find us. We haven't seen him in over 25 years.

        I felt this novel handled the sensitive issues with perfection. I recommend it to any woman who is being abused, has been abused, or knows someone who is being abused. This novel shows that there is hope.

Charmed Amish Life series ~ a list of my reviews for this series.

(1) A Son's Vow
(2) A Daughter's Dream
(3) A Sister's Wish
(4) An Amish Family Christmas


Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

The Aetherlight™