Review: God Bless Us Every One




        `God Bless Us Everyone` is a contemporary Christmas Carol written by author Eva Marie Everson. Five weeks before Christmas female protagonist Charlie Dixon has recently become unemployed. Each chapter begins with a quote from `The Christmas Carol`. Charlie Dixon's parents were convicted felons, so she probably won't spend Christmas with them. After Charlie's unemployment she moved back to her hometown of Testament, her old crush had moved back to Testament, as well.

           I had problems figuring out the characters and how they were related. Charlie had a bit of a dysfunctional family. That said, this is a fast-paced book which kept my attention. It would be a perfect Christmas read for YA - Adult.

           I like Ebenezer Scrooge's quote which reads, `I will honour Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future! The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach`.

Question: Does Jesus require us to forget when we forgive?



 



Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."

I am linking up with Literacy Musing Mondays

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello