Review: When Death Draws Near



        `When Death Draws Near` is a mystery/suspense novel written by Carrie Stuart Parks for women. The book includes discussion questions, great for book clubs. The setting is Pikeville, Kentucky. It's a small town with big town crime.

        The protagonist is Gwen Marcey, a forensic artist. Her first case is a young man - late teens or early twenties - who had been bitten by a rattlesnake.  The young man was catching snakes to handle in a Pentecostal, snake-handling church.

        I learned that ears are probably as distinctive as fingerprints. You can tell a bit about the family tree from ears. For example, earlobes are either attached, or unattached, and the shape is inherited.

        I also learned that a lot of people think the Pentecostal movement started in the south by whites, but it started in California by an African-American who ministered in Los Angeles.

      I recommend this novel to any adult readers who like suspense. This book kept me engaged. It is not a gory suspense book, but it will keep the reader guessing who did it. I plan to read more of Carrie Stuart Parks books.

I am linking up with The Book Nook

Disclaimer: I received this book from Litfuse Publishers for my honest opinion.

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean