Review: (un)Natural Mom



        `(un)Natural Mom` is a Christian living book for young moms written by author Hettie Brittz. It is not another `what you should be doing` book. As the author claims she is also an (un)Natural mom. The tagline reads `Why You Are the Perfect Mom for Your Kids`. Although the book is written for young moms; dad's, grandparents and caretakers may benefit from reading it also.

        Hettie encourages mom's to enroll online in the private Tall Trees Training website. The website has a parenting profile tool where you can identify your unique three-dimensional mothering style (Nurture Profile, Discipline Profile, and Mentor Profile). Although the reader is encouraged to visit the website the book also goes over the different personalities.

        The book is written in such a way it takes the pressure off the mom. As I read about author Hettie's inadequacies, as a young mom, I was able to let go of some of my misfortunes. For me it seemed every other mother was a natural, while I was struggling. Every other mother could probably tell I was struggling, but I was not about to admit it to them or myself. God did not make us to be some other mom. He made us to be mom to our own children, whatever that may look like.

I recommend this book to mom's, dad's, grandparents, and caretakers.
Bio:
Hettie Brittz is an author, international speaker, and one of South Africa’s foremost voices on parenting advice. She is the developer of the Evergreen Parenting Course and Tall Trees Profiles. Hettie and her husband, Gospel singer Louis Brittz, live in South Africa with their three children.
Find out more about Hettie at http://hettiebrittz.com.
Buzz:
“Our culture puts so much pressure on moms to be perfect. Hettie Brittz reminds us that the ‘supermom’ is a myth and encourages mothers to embrace their unique temperaments and gifts as they raise their kids.” —Jim Daly, President, Focus on the Family
Disclaimer: I received this book from Litfuse Publishers for my honest opinion.


Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello