Review: If My Husband Would Change I'd Be Happy




        This book is a love and marriage book about myths wives believe. It is written by Rhonda Stoppe who has more than 20 years experience helping women build no-regrets lives. The author's position is that the wife's love of God, not her husband, is how she'll experience fulfillment in her marriage.

       Growing up, I did not have a healthy experience of what marriage was like. On the rare occasions I saw my parents kiss it surprised me. I would laugh and say something like, `mommy and daddy are kissing....eww. Which has put a damper on my own marriage.

        This book is like any other book that teaches about Titus 2:4 as its base. Teaching that love for your husband comes directly through how much you love God. Even a marriage that has been in shambles for years can be fixed through your love of God.

        There are three sections at the end of each chapter that are very helpful. (1) From a Husband's Perspective, (2) Thinking it Through, and (3) Living it Out. These are not only ideas to meditate on but they make it much more than another Titus 2:4 book. The reader may also visit the author's website for audio's and songs to listen to.

        `If My Husband Would Change I'd Be Happy` reminds me of the book `The Love and Respect Connection` written by author Dr. Emerson Eggerichs, which is also quoted in this book.

Bio:

Rhonda Stoppe is the No Regrets Woman. She is an author and speaker dedicated to helping women live life with no regrets. With more than 20 years’ experience as a mom, mentor, and pastor’s wife, Rhonda’s wisdom and experience helps women discover significance in God and His specific purpose for their lives, connect biblical principles to everyday decisions, develop a loving marriage that others dream about, and influence the next generation by raising children with integrity.


Disclaimer: I received this book from Litfuse Publishers for my honest opinion.
I'm linking up with Friendship Friday and The Book Nook

Comments

Sandee said…
Sometimes it's us that needs to change and not someone else. We are what we are a none of us are perfect. Learning to love and respect can be difficult, but it can be done with God's help.

Have a fabulous day. ☺
I think I may need to read this one!
Donna Reidland said…
What a great title! That alone should make us all want to read it! I'm visiting from Friendship Friday. Have a great week-end!
Michelle F said…
Hi Donna,

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I hope you enjoyed your visit.
Have a great week!!

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean