Review: Cast-Iron Cooking (Rachael Narins)

 

Description


    I chose Rachael Narins cookbook `Cast-Iron Cooking because of the cover and I need more cast-iron recipes. I bought cast-iron ware for last Christmas, I love the pieces I have but needed more recipes.The cover picture and font look inviting, who could pass that up? The recipes sound delightful and each recipe has a little tidbit of information (ex. where it originated from).
     The recipes are organized by courses - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, Sides and Snacks, and Dessert. The table of contents is well laid out. Besides having the meals listed in the contents, there are many helpful chapters (ex. How to Season Cast-Iron, Why and How to Buy Cast-Iron). Each recipe has a list of ingredients with items most cooks would have. The directions are clear and easy to understand. I did find a couple of items I have never heard of...nonreactive saucepan and offset spatula. But for the most part, I believe the cook could find themselves some delicacies.
      The techniques are well defined and the directions tell you step-by-step what to do. All photo's throughout the book look inviting. I would recommend this cookbook to all cooks.



Disclaimer: I received a complimentary ARC of this e-book through Net Galley for my honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

The Aetherlight™