Review: 365 Family Dinners and Devotions Cookbook





        `365 Family Dinners and Devotions` cookbook written by author Kathleen Y`Barbo is taglined `A Celebration of Food, Family, and Faith.
        The recipes are a mixture of ones I would fix (Best Eggng), I might fix (Bacon-Topped Cheese Ball), and ones I would not fix (Artichokes au Gratin).
        Each recipe comes with a Bible verse and a short devotional. Some come with a dinnertime tip.
All of these can be read alone, or with loved ones. What attracted me to the book was a way to bring our family closer.
        The recipes are organized by date (Jan. 1 - Dec. 31), instead of ingredients. So I am assuming these recipes would also be seasonal. At the back of the cookbook there is a recipe index listed in order of Appetizers, Main Dishes, Desserts, etc. There are also some lined pages for the cook to write favorite family recipes.
        Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions. The ingredients are listed in the order they will be used. I believe some of the recipes are easy and fun to make, others are a bit harder.

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this ARC through Net Galley for my honest review.

I'm linking up with Friendship Friday and The Book Nook

Comments

Sandee said…
We have so many cookbooks. Hubby loves to cook. I like that he does and I'm more than happy to do the cleanup.

I like that this book brings God into the mix. The most important time for a family is mealtime. It's when everyone is together. Better to use this time to thank God than be on your smartphone.

Have a fabulous day. ☺
This sounds like a lovely cookbook. Thank you for sharing it!
Michelle F said…
Thank you for visiting and your lovely comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding