Review: Worth Living ~ Mary DeMuth



        `Worth Living` written bt Mary DeMuth is a Christian Living book for women. This book is dedicated to the author's daughter, Julia DeMuth, who is stepping into her worth with beautiful, brave assurance. Some of the example chapters in the book are: I Am Wildly Loved, I Am Weakly Strong, and I Am Chosen.

        I can relate to the author's abuse. From a young age I had peers who wanted to fight me -which led to my assurance that no-one liked me. When I was constantly skipped in the school lunch line-which led to my insecurities. While being physically, emotionally, and sexually abused my insecurities grew. No one intervened even though I would hint around about my abuse, afraid to come out and say it. I have felt like a mistake most of my life. I rarely saw my parents,in my teen years, and my siblings were much older than me.

        I became a Christian in 1994, I knew Jesus was my only source. He is the only one who truly cares. There are times I feel very close to Him, other times I feel far away. I am the one moving away in our relationship.
Jesus never moves away from us. He is the same: yesterday, today and tomorrow. Never changing. Based on what Jesus has done, we are `Free`.

        Through reading this book and having a friend answer a few questions, from the book, I believe my friends think I am loving, caring, supportive. At the end of every chapter is a `Questions for reflection or discussion. These can be done personally or in a group. They are there to help you understand what you are reading and discussing.

Disclaimer:  I received this book free from Baker Books through the Baker Books Blogger program.

Comments

Sandee said…
Sounds like another great read. So many broken homes. So many instances of abuse. Sometime the world is such a horrible place.

Have a fabulous day. ☺
Michelle F said…
Thanks, Sandee!

You are really quick in responding :)
Grantham Lynn said…
Wow. This sounds like a must read for us all! Even if we aren't struggling ourselves we all know someone who is and could benefit!
Thanks for sharing this book!

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

The Aetherlight™