Review: Murder Comes by Mail




        `Murder Comes by Mail` is a fictional mystery/suspense/thriller book written by author A. H. Gabhart. She is the author of many books including `Murder at the Courthouse`. Ann grew up in a small rural town much like the town in this book.

        The setting for this book is `Hidden Springs`. The book begins at a local Hidden Springs bridge. A man going by the name of Jack wants to commit suicide, until the towns deputy rescues him.
However Jack left the deputy with a warning that he would be sorry he saved him. Mail begins to show up with pictures of the deceased. 

        Hidden Springs reminds me of a Mayberry-type town, until evil comes to visit. I like mystery/suspense books, but this book is more like a depressing, creepy thriller. It spooked me as I read it.  There are things happening that are too close for comfort.  The characters in this book are well-portrayed.

        The detectives believe they know who the suspect is they just can't find him. As more characters are victimized the creepier it gets. I do not plan to put this on my re-read pile. This is one book I am having a hard time finishing. 
Disclaimer: I was not compensated in any way for my honest review.

Comments

Sandee said…
Okay, with a skip it I'm skipping it.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello