Review: The Glass Castle





        `The Glass Castle`, a fantasy novel, is written by Trisha Priebe and Jerry B. Jenkins. It is dedicated to Andrew, Max, and Lincoln, who know the long road home and have enriched the authors` lives immeasurably for taking it.

        The first chapter grabs my attention just by the title, `Captured`, along with the font for the title. This is one book I anticipate reading as a simple walk in the woods turns dangerous. The female protagonist, Avery Godfrey, is 13 and she has no desire to do chores. When a walk in the woods seems more desirable. She starts walking with her brother, only to be captured and taken to The Glass Castle.

        Avery remembers listening to her mother tell tales at bedtime and now she is living the tale. How did her mother know this tale to be true? Avery was there for a reason, now she had to find out why.

        This book kept me riveted to my chair. Every time I was called to do a chore I could hardly wait to get back to the book. This is one book not easily set down. I recommend it to readers who enjoy mystery and suspense. The second in the series is due out Fall 2016 (The Ruby Moon)

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this ARC through Net Galley for my honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

The Aetherlight™