New Horizon Reviews Interview with Jeff Ingber

Today I would like to invite author Jeff Ingber to do an interview for us.
Mr. Ingber is the author of `Bela's Letters"
Mr. Ingber thank you for stopping by to do an interview for us.



(1) What inspired you to become an author?

I’ve dreamed of being an author since I was a kid. All my life, I’ve enjoyed not just reading but, also, the craft of writing, whether it’s professional articles (I'm a lawyer by training), letters, opinion pieces, book reviews, or, in recent years, books. I was directly inspired to write my first book, Resurrecting the Street, which is about the devastating impact of 9/11 on the financial markets, because of the emotional trauma that event caused me. 
And, looking back, it seems inevitable that I would write my second book, Béla’s Letters. I have always been fascinated by my parents’ Holocaust survival stories. My dad told me innumerable tales of his youth and of the war, and I had the foresight to have interviewed him in depth while he was alive. Also, I am a lifelong WW2 buff, and have read hundreds of books on the subject. But it was not until early 2004, months after my father’s death, when I was approaching my 50th birthday, that I finally decided to write the book. The tipping point was my discovery of dozens of poignant letters and postcards written to my father by family members, many sent before the war began. Upon discovering this treasure, I felt compelled to uncover these buried voices.   


(2) What was the last book you read for relaxation?

Stalin's Daughter: The Extraordinary and Tumultuous Life of Svetlana Alliluyeva, by Rosemary Sullivan. I love reading biographies and memoirs.


(3) What upcoming release are you looking forward to?

Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen’s autobiography.

(4) What are your ideal writing conditions?

Sitting by a window with a beautiful view, and with a drink in hand!

(5) How do you hope your readers react to the stories you write?

I hope they’re entertained, become emotionally involved, and get educated a bit.

(6) If you could write in a different genre, which would you choose?

I love movies and I’ve been trying my hand at screenwriting. It’s like learning a new language because it’s such a different form of writing. But I enjoy it.

(7) What has been the most surprising aspect to becoming a published author?

All the groupies that have hit on me. NOT!  It’s how truly wonderful it is to get positive feedback on your book. 

(8) What is your strangest experience?
Seeing someone in a coffee shop reading my book. Strange feeling, but a good one!

(9) Who was the first author who inspired you to write?

Isaac Bashevis Singer. He was a great storyteller, and that’s what I aspire to do.

(10) What book have you re-read the most?

Green Eggs and Ham (I have grandkids).

Comments

Lux G. said…
I like to write with a view and a cup of tea. :)
Great interview. Learned so much.
Michelle F said…
Thank you so much, Lux G

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding