Review Take Hold of the Faith you Long For

ISBN
9780801018855
Dimensions
5.5 x 8.5
Pub. Date
Apr 2016
SRP
$14.99
Carton Quantity
56
Number of pages
256





      `Take Hold of the Faith you Long For` is a Christian living book written especially for women by author Sharon Jaynes, co-founder of Girlfriends in God. The topic is letting go of who you think you are and living boldly for the Lord. Sharon did much research for each chapter, from some authors I am familiar with and others that are new to me. This book is dedicated to Sharon Jaynes` mom who passed away in 2014.

      Many Christians are just happy with their status quo comfort zones. Author Sharon Jaynes gives the reader a little push with such chapters as: `Take Hold of your True Identity`, `Take hold of Grace-Filled Acceptance`, and `Taking Hold of your Promised Land`. Sharon did an excellent job of laying out the chapters as the book seemed to flow flawlessly.

      I believe the author's position, in this book, is at the bottom of page 12. "We think going from where we are to where we want to be is impossible, implausible, or unrealistic, so we pull up a lounge chair in the land of in-between and settle in.

      This book captured and held my attention. I learned I am already a new creation, I don't have to wait to get to heaven to be a new creation. It's also something I don't have to strive for. I already am. I also learned that giving up control is not our natural bent as humans. However, when Christ makes us new He gives us the ability to give control to Him.

      The author walks the reader with Moses. At first telling God `no` and explaining to Him why we can't do what He asks, before accepting the `yes` from God.


 

Where to Purchase

Resources

 I am linking up to Literacy Musing Monday.
Disclaimer:  I received this book free from Baker Books through the Baker Books Blogger program.

Comments

Michele Morin said…
What fun to read your review! I'm always amazed at how two people can read one book and their reviews are so incredibly diverse! Thanks for sharing yours!
Sandee said…
I don't remember you giving a book a magnificent rating before. That speaks very loudly.

Have a fabulous day. ☺
Mary Hill said…
Sounds like a book I want to add to my "to-be-read shelf." Thanks for sharing on Literacy Musing Mondays.

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding