Review: Song of Silence


      `Song of Silence` written by Cynthia Ruchti is a Christian fiction novel. The topic assumes the question, `Could silence teach hope?` The author's position is that there is always hope. This novel is written to those who make space for music and those who leave room for silence. The narration style is point of view and the purpose is to teach. This novel was highly influenced by the author's father who she considers a top music educator. I like the quote on page 82. "Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.- Emory Austin."
      My favorite character is little four-year-old Evan. I imagine him to be an adorable, well-behaved child. He is a four-year-old with Asperger's and has the personality of a toddler. (pg. 189) His mom is deaf.
      Perhaps seeing life from someone who is handicapped will reshape our perception. This novel reminds me of when I played the piano. I recommend this book to all music teachers.
Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding