Review: A Daring Sacrifice




   `A Daring Sacrifice` is a teen fiction book written by Jody Hedlund. In the year of our Lord 1390. Juliana Wessex, ruler of the land, and her tyrannical uncle, Lord Wessex,  come at odds. Who will be the rightful ruler? Juliana disguised herself as an old man so she would not be recognized as the bandit terrorizing Wessex. This short story reminds me of Robin Hood who steals from the rich and gives to the poor.
      Although bows and arrows were used for weapons some of the fight scenes were imaginably funny. One instance the arrow sliced through a man's hat, knocking it off his head, parting his hair and skimming his scalp. Leaving no one actually hurt.
      Much like Robin Hood these characters lived in cavern's in the woods. There was also much partying, dancing, and feasting. It reminded me so much of Robin Hood, I spent most of the day reading `A Daring Sacrifice` to see how it ended.
      I recommend this book to all teens and anyone who likes Robin Hood. There is about as much romance in this book as there is in Robin Hood. I would most like to be a `Cloaked Bandit` like the character Juliana Wessex.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding