Review: Moonlight Over Paris



      "Moonlight Over Paris" is a historical fiction piece written by author Jennifer Robson. The heroine is Lady Helena Montagu-Douglas-Parr. Lady Parr leaves a sheltered aristocratic life and goes to live with her free-spirited aunt at the end of WWI. Jennifer Robson is very detailed in her writing.
      Helena had no formal education which I found ironic since she comes from royalty. I have not researched royalty and education, so I would not know. However, she is quite an artist, given she has plenty of time for that. While in Paris, Helena enrolls in art school. Her professor, Maitre Czerny, seems to be very strict in his ways.
      I had a hard time following the book because of the French words. I would recommend this book to a French I student. I chose to review this book because I enjoy reading historical fiction. This book proved to be a challenge to my reading each time I came to a French word.

About the Author

Jennifer Robson first learned about the Great War from her father, acclaimed historian Stuart Robson, and later served as an official guide at the Canadian National War Memorial at Vimy Ridge, France. A former copy editor, she holds a doctorate in British economic and social history from the University of Oxford. She lives in Toronto, Canada, with her husband and young children.
For more information visit Jennifer Robson’s website. You can also find her on FacebookTwitterPinterest, and Goodreads.



Read more bloggers thoughts on this title:

Blog Tour Schedule

Monday, February 29
Review at With Her Nose Stuck In A Book
Tuesday, March 1
Review at History From a Woman’s Perspective
Thursday, March 3
Review at Svetlana’s Reads and Views
Monday, March 7
Review at Book Nerd
Wednesday, March 9
Review at Ageless Pages Reviews
Friday, March 11
Review at Bookish
Monday, March 14
Review at Jorie Loves a Story
Wednesday, March 16
Review at Reading Is My SuperPower
Friday, March 18
Review at She is Too Fond of Books
Review at Worth Getting in Bed For
Monday, March 21
Review at I’m Shelf-ish
Wednesday, March 23
Review at CelticLady’s Reviews
Thursday, March 24
Review at Creating Herstory
Friday, March 25
Review at A Holland Reads

Disclaimer: I was given this book complimentary to my honest review.

Thank you, Amy Bruno 

(HF Virtual Book Tours}

Comments

Sandee said…
I can relate to having difficulty. Sometimes books are just too difficult to figure out. I pass those by.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding