Review: The Potter's Lady







         It's Spring 1872 and Rose McKay is on her way home from `Philadelphia School of Design for Women.` She is most certainly glad to be going home because of the way her peers treated her. I can relate because of my own school peers. On their way home her brother, Ewan, and herself, stopped by a pottery place and a brickyard. Ewan is deciding to buy one or the other.
          I was not aware they knew about lead poisoning in the 1800's.(pg 63) The skilled workers hire unskilled workers to do their work for them(pg 63), usually women and children unskilled laborers. Hired children were not given a chance for education. It was either work so you can sleep in a warm bed and eat a meal, or neither at all. The protagonist, Rose, is set to see that the children learn from school.
          Although I liked this book well enough, I would have done better if I would have read the destination at the beginning of each chapter. Not doing so made me lose interest as I read ahead.
           I would recommend this book to all readers of Christian fiction. Even though it is based to the 1800's, which makes it historical fiction, many readers will be able to relate with its aspects of pottery and concerns for health.

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

Q & A with author Julianne MacLean

Q & A with author Debbie Lynne Costello