Review:Miss Brenda and The Loveladies




               `Miss Brenda and the Loveladies`  is co-authored by Brenda Spahn and Irene Zutell. A non-fiction book about how Brenda rehabilitated seven hard-core women through the love of Jesus.
                Although unobtrusive there are words I would have left unsaid. Just my opinion. However, a favorite quote from the book, by Martin Luther King Jr, is "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
                Brenda does go into detail about prison life (chapter seven). As I read the novel I would stop and pray for the inmates. Some think inmates have it easy and are wasting taxpayer dollars. A lot of inmates, I believe, are people who have never had a chance, and definitely not a second chance at life. In the book Brenda has a few of the `Loveladies` share their testimony. Sharing a little of their background, and where they are today. This book has lots of emotion.
               I would like to see more people with means help other inmates have a second chance at life. The author reminds the reader that most inmates do not know what it is like to celebrate a birthday, New Years Day, or a school play.
                I like how the author states, "These women need time and attention, not fast-food prayer (p. 28)
                 Personally, I think mature readers would do well to read this book and get a new perspective on the life of an inmate. This book tells of women who learned to trust God even through hard circumstances.

This is not my usual go-to book. But, it sure gave me a new perspective on inmates. There were times the book had me in tears, other times it brought a smile.

Read Excerpt

Author Spotlight

Praise

Disclaimer: "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own."


Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

The Aetherlight™