Review: A Trip Around the Sun





               `A Trip Around the Sun`  is a Christian Living book co-authored by Mark Batterson and Richard Foth. The theme seems to be, "If you had your life to live over differently what would you do?" Love of adventure is what helped bring these authors together. Borrowing a quote from Ashley Montagu, "I want to die young at a ripe old age", is Mark's mantra. (16)
               I was not all that inspired by the artwork on the cover. However, I liked the title, so I chose the book for that alone. The chapters alternate between Dick's story and Mark's story, making this a first person narrative.
               A quote that stood out to me is, "Love people when they least expect it and least deserve it. " That is the kind of love Jesus shows to us. (p 87) Chapter eight expounded upon Jesus` love for us; not because of who we are but because of who He is.
              This is a great book for the adventurous reader. It is listed under Christian Living and consists of 202 pages; with medium size font which makes for easy reading.
             A quote I wish to end this review with is, "If we believe life is an adventure, life is an adventure. If we believe we will make it through great trials, we will most often make it through great trials. If we believe that there is joy to be had each day of our lives, we will have it!" (pg 124)

"This trip around the sun I will choose adventure by....."

Mark Batterson


Twitter
@MarkBatterson
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/markbatterson
Website
http://www.markbatterson.com/





Book to read next:
Susanna Foth Aughtmon  the author of All I Need Is Jesus and a Good Pair of Jeans.

I am linking up to Literacy Musing Monday
Disclaimer:  I received this book free from Baker Books through the Baker Books Bloggers program. 

Comments

Sandee said…
I agree with your last paragraph. Life is indeed what we want it to be. It's our attitude that is key.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

Q & A with author MaryLu Tyndall

The Aetherlight™