Review: After A Fashion




Bethany House
ISBN: 9780764212758
Dimensions: 5.5 X 8.5
Publication Date: March 2015
$14.99













                   "After A Fashion" is a stand-alone historical novel set in New York City in 1882. The prominent characters are Miss Harriet Peabody, who is a milliner and Mr. Oliver Addleshaw,  a  salient businessman.
                   I found this novel to be laborious and boring, by the eighth chapter I was still waiting for some excitement. Harriet Peabody's boss, Mrs. Fienman, is aloof. Mr. Addleshaw's fiancee, Lily Birmingham, is a spoiled brat. The story did not seem to flow smoothly, for me. There did seem to be a bit of humor which helped make the novel more interesting.

Disclaimer: I received this book from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review.


Comments

Sandee said…
There are books I've tried to read and just couldn't. This one seems to be one I'd never finish.

Have a fabulous day. :)
Marilyn said…
Thank you for this review. I enjoy faster moving books, too.
Amanda Holmes said…
I read Jen's first story and had some similar feelings. I'm sorry to hear that her stories are still hard to get through for some.:P

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding