Review: The Promise of Palm Grove




                   "The Promise of Palm Grove" is book one of the Amish Brides of Pinecraft series. It is actually three stories in one. The focal point of the novel is Leona and her heart's desire. The second story line spotlights Beverly, owner of Orange Blossom Inn. The third highlight of the novel is, Effie Kaufmann who was diagnosed with Perthes disease at the age of ten.
                    At the beginning of the novel is a map of fictional Pinecraft, Florida; which is a distinguishing feature I enjoy in a book. Author Shelley Shepard Gray did a great work with the lead in into the novel. Although the setting is unusual for an Amish novel, I enjoyed picturing the scene with Spanish moss, oak trees, brilliant sunrises, gentle rains, and temperate climate. Almost Paradise!
                     The primary message of this endearing novel may be, `We each have to follow the Lord's will as He leads us`. I would recommend this book to reader's who enjoy books by author Beverly Lewis or author Wanda Brunstetter. This novel met my expectations and was a delight to read.

I received this novel complimentary to review.

Learn more about the book and purchase a copy at: Shelley's website




About: Shelley Shepard Gray

               Author Shelley Shepard Gray is a two-time New York Times bestseller, a two-time USA Today bestseller, a finalist for the American Christian Fiction Writers prestigious Carol Award, and a two-time Holt Medallion winner. She lives in Southern Ohio, where she writes full-time, bakes too much, and can often be found walking her dachshunds on her town's bike trail.

Find out more about Shelley at www.shelleyshepardgray.com


I am linking up with The Book Nook at Create With Joy.

I am linking up with Literacy Musing Mondays at Mary-andering Creatively.


Comments

This looks really good. I hope everyone is well at your house. I hope your son has gotten good news by now!
Create With Joy said…
Thanks for sharing your review with us at The Book Nook at Create With Joy, Michelle! Although I have not read this book, I've read others by this author that I've enjoyed very much!

Thank you also for participating in our Amazon boost - I just boosted a few of your reviews!

Have a lovely weekend! :-)
Sandee said…
When we visited Indiana a few years back we were mesmerized by the Amish. I'm guessing this book would be a good read for me.

Have a fabulous day. ☺
Marilyn said…
I enjoyed reading your review. Your review really hit the highlights of the book. I love Amish fiction.
Michelle F said…
Thank you so much for your encouraging comments.

I pray you have a wonderful Sunday!
Amanda Holmes said…
Excellent review! She did a fabulous job with bringing to life a different setting for the Amish. I love how you summed the book up.:)

Popular posts from this blog

Interview Questions for Lauren Carr’s Candidate for Murder.

The Aetherlight™

Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding